Monday 24 February 2014

Candied Bacon and Chocolate Chip Cookies

It's Monday and I'm baking as per usual! Today I'm baking two batches of cookies.

Firstly, I'm using up some super ripe bananas to make my "Banana, Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Cookies", but due to me using all my chocolate chips in my next recipe, I've decided to make these cookies without chocolate and therefore suitable for vegans (unlike my next cookies). You can find my recipe for these here:
http://fallingjess.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/banana-peanut-butter-and-chocolate-chip.html

Secondly, I fancied being a little different and decided to try "Candied Bacon and Chocolate Chip Cookies". Not a cookie you see every day over here in the UK but something that appears to be very big in the States. You should get around 15-30 cookies from this recipe dependent on the size!

Ingredients for Cookies
290g - Plain Flour
260g - Chocolate Chips
100g - Butter (Melted slightly and cooled)
  65g - Brown Sugar
  65g - Caster Sugar
1.0 tsp - Vanilla Essence
0.5 tsp - Baking Powder
1 - Egg

Ingredients for Candied Bacon
130g - Brown Sugar
5 - Bacon Rashers

Method for Candied Bacon
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees

2. Line a tray with foil and place bacon onto tray

3. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon and bake for 18-25 minutes or until crispy

4. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool. Once the bacon is cooled chop finely.





Method for Cookies
1. Reduce the oven to 170 degrees

2. Mix the butter and sugars together

3. Add vanilla essence and egg into the mixture and beat until light and creamy

4. Add the flour and mix well

5. Mix in the diced candied bacon and chocolate chips until combined

6. Place into balls and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the edges are brown. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.


And the finished product, drum roll please..


4 comments:

  1. Candied bacon sounds amazing, especially in cookies! The perfect savoury sweet combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very addictive! I hope you try the recipe x

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of putting bacon in cookies before but it sounds strangely nice! Might have to give it a go some time. Fab post!

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! It is a little strange at first but its incredibly moreish. You'll go back for more and more! Let me know if you try them, would love to know your opinion! x

      Delete