Friday 7 February 2014

Creme egg brownies, do they live up to the hype?

Well there was only one way to find out, in the words of Great British Bake Off's (or GBBO as us fans called it!) Mel and Sue... BAAAKKKKEEE!

I was thrown into the madness of this Easter delight by a friend who lacks baking skills (sorry JB!) and was intrigued by this sweet treat. She bombarded me with this recipe http://scarletscorchdroppers.com/2013/03/12/creme-egg-brownies/ (many other's are available online) and gave me no choice of a healthier bake, even though we were both "healthy eating" (it has eggs in it right?). As a result we popped out and got the necessary ingredient's from Sainsbury's (other supermarkets are available!).

My Advice
1. Follow the recipe to the gram - no free styling!
2. Bake your brownie so it's still gooey and delicious in the middle
3. Freeze your mini crème eggs - I've heard on the grapevine this avoids them melting and leaves them with a gooey, soft yolk effect centre
4. If you have a sweet tooth and hate waiting around, speed up the baking process and make use of the marvellous invention called the freezer!
5. Cut them small - they are far too sickly!

The Baking Process

The finished result:

In my opinion they lived up to the Easter hype and were far tastier than I expected. If you lack a sweet tooth avoid at all costs as this is a recipe designed to make you teeth rot.

If you give this particular bake a go why not share you opinions and pictures on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment